Re: [NTLK] Newton W-Fi

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 00:14:03 PDT

On May 21, 2005, at 9:04 AM, Ron King wrote:

> Is it possible to connect to Wi-Fi hotspots via Newton or is it only
> for "home" wireless?
> I picked up a Lucent Bronze WaveLan & tried using the WaveLan driver
> but could not connect at the libraries. I can connect at home via
> ethernet (don't have wireless at home).

As far as I know the Wavelan Bronze won't work at all... The wavelan
bronze turbo will.....

I used my Wavelan gold card at the Seattle Public library without a
problem. You just need to know the SSID or Netowork name , and
properly configure it. As long as there is no SSL web page to get
through you should be ok...

Marty

PS Dude, you quoted the whole digest? Try trimming your messages
please!