Re: [NTLK] A return after a long pause

From: Goodwin, Greg P. (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 11:35:46 PST

Hi, all,

I have returned to the Newton after many years away. Moved to a Palm,=20
loved that it fit in my pocket, nobody teased me about using it...=20
Ended up not liking that Palm, even though the foldable keyboard was=20
neat and synchronization was awesome. Graffiti and that small screen=20
weren't doing it for me, and I slowed down my use... (usual story for a=20
returning Newton user, I suppose, so I'll stop now).

    Newtons can use the foldable keyboard BTW. Kinda neat. :D

I should point out that the reason I am back on the Newton is the Wired=20
article from a few months back. It got me reading up on what was around=20
these days (dude! the Einstein project! wow!), which is when I found=20
out about nSync. This utility is the real reason I am back on board.=20
Thank you, to all who have been involved in its creation!

    nSync for system X? Hmm!

Anyway, I've been reading the mailing list for a while, online. It's=20
pretty slick, but I haven't been able to post. So here I am. I bought a=20
backup 2000, bought 2 eMates (one for my daughter who is starting to=20
type... but I get the one with the implant, not her!), and that's that.

Just wanted to make a quick announcement...

Anyway, it's nice to see the old community changed so much (so many=20
gone, so many new), but it's great to see the activity still going on.

      Hey, I've been here since the Newton 2000 came out.
        I very rarely spend $1200 on a computer, but the N2000 was
awesome.
        And it was some fun days.
        But these days are more fun I think. Mp3, Mods, wireless, etc
etc...

        Greg Goodwin
        Doctor Clu=20