Re: [NTLK] Please answer a Newbie question!!!

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 07:21:39 PST

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 04:04:08 -0600, John Royston <jroyston_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> What Hardware and connection software would you suggest?????

> 486 windows 3.1

I believe if you have this machine with Windows 95 it will just
install and work.
Windows 3.xx might work - but I never used it with NCU (which is
needed for the MP2100)
Anyone out there ever try Windows 3.xx with NCU? Please chime in.

The Windows connectivity was pretty straight forward for me - I use
also a Compaq laptop of the same era and it didn't give me any
headaches to connect. (No 'slowdown.exe' needed!)
But of course I'm not starting into Macs and will be getting more
versed with it's connectivity with my Newtons in the near future...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung