Re: [NTLK] Concerning Apple's Switch to Intel Chips...

From: Mr. David M. Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 18:24:10 PDT

Its not MAC - MAC is an acronym for the hardware address of your
network interface chipset. Its Mac, short for Macintosh.
Also I have to bash your reading of Wired simply because Wired is
like MTV for techies.

But, all that aside, you are 100% right in your conclusions so more
power to ya. ;-)

Apple uses Open Firmware but OF is not "Apple's" many companies use
it. Hopefully they will continue to as its FAR superior to the more
common BIOS found in PCs. It is true that the dev. kits Apple is
supplying use a BIOS but its unlikely that will continue to
production level systems. That along with proprietary logic boards
and features, etc ...

Yeah, 100% right.

David