Re: [NTLK] Concerning Apples Switch to Intel Chips...

From: Norman Palardy (npalardy_at_great-white-software.com)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 16:02:44 PDT

On Jun 9, 2005, at 4:58 PM, Clan Iverson wrote:

> Maybe the G5 hasnt reached 3Ghz yet, but IBMs Cell is
> almost 5Ghz...

Unfortunately if you read Apple's announcement on the Intel move they
did look at the Cell and other processors but they are not appropriate
(or at least Apple says they are not)

While I'm not thrilled about yet another transition, I think Apple need
to do something because IBM was sure not creating any compelling CPU's
that Apple could rely on supplies of or speed increases.
At least Intel (and maybe AMD) can seemingly supply in quantity and
Apple can take advantage of this.