[NTLK] Concerning Apple's Switch to Intel Chips...

From: Matt Howe (matthowe_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 09:10:27 PDT

Actually the processor is only a small part of the computer. Anybody
remember the TI-99, the first 16 bit personal computer? With a BIOS so
messed up it ran slower than all the 8 bit machines of the day. MAC's may
move to an Intel processor but the BIOS, bus controller, memory management,
the bus structure itself can still be MAC and thus totally incompatible with
Windows. But I first heard about this change in processors from Wired
Magazine. They had a couple of articles about the announcement, this one:

http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,67749,00.html

I found interesting. Although it may not be the only reason, I bet it had an
influence alongside all of the other points brought up.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe_at_comcast.net
mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41