Re: [NTLK] Concerning Apple's Switch to Intel Chips...

From: Ola Tuvesson (ola_at_mikrogroove.com)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 07:27:44 PDT

If OSX is x86 compatible, if the new Macs will use standard Intel PC
processors, if the motherboard is a standard AGP/PCIe/SATA/DDR deal, if
storage controllers and graphics cards are the same as in PCs - how do they
stop users from installing OSX on standard PCs even if it isn't officcialy
supported by Apple? If it quacks like a duck...

And vice versa, what would stop users from installing Windows on the new
Macs?

Whatever method employed to stop this from being done will likely be highly
artificial since the hardware will be essentially identical.