Re: [NTLK] Newton sound note to Mac

From: David Neale (david.neale_at_pandora.be)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 15:43:07 PST

Hello John,

I don't mind that the audio not is separate from the "character note"
as long as I can get them across to the Mac somehow. I've tried
emailing, only to end up with MIME attachments that are unrecognisable
by all the various applications with which I have tried to open them.
It might be that there is a Newton email package that sends audio-notes
in a way understandable by the Mac (or an add-on, perhaps); I notice
that Eudora Pro sends them differently to LunaSuite, for example
(Eudora Pro simply ignores them!), so perhaps there's a third way.

I don't want to learn more than some basic phrases and their
orthography. In fact, the sound is for me more important than being
able to write the characters, but I figured that they would be easy to
send to a Mac anyway and it would be pleasant for my "teacher" to be
able to see her writing appear on the screen! I have enough with
Spanish and Welsh at the moment, without getting too deep into
something like Chinese!

Come to think of it, the idea I have could be applied to other
languages, such as Japanese, the Arabic family and, come to that, even
Welsh, some of whose characters are not included in English, or in the
set of available accented characters in the Newton.

David

Start here: