[NTLK] SimpleMail crashes on large attachments...

From: Josef Jahn (werewolf_at_playspoon.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 15:49:05 PST

I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this, but anyway here I go:

Whenever I try to download an email with a large attachment (say, a 7 MB MP3 file) in SimpleMail, the Newton tends to
reset somewhere near the end of the file transfer. Yes there's plenty of free space on my memory card. Free system
memory is 1MB. The transfer fails anywhere between 3MB and 7 MB, which expresses itself in a white screen followed by
the newton rebooting. No error messages are shown?

What gives? Should I use something else to transfer big stuff? I would use FetchURL if that darned MP3Decoder could cope
with MP3s received via FetchURL...

regards,

   Josef