Re: [NTLK] Young Newton Users (Was Re: Carrying Newton)

From: Matt Lichtenberg (kerobaros_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 03:24:03 PST

Amazing. I'm at a ripe old age of nineteen, which doesn't get you
much here in the US.

And here I thought I was the youngest regular Newton user, other than
Jared. I second the call to bring him back, actually.

With all of us 'kids' coming out of the woodwork, who else thinks we
should organize, start a little group or something? After all, the
youth have always been at the forefront of major societal change..
maybe a dedicated group of young stormtroopers could wrest control of
the market away from the Pocket PCs and Palms.

Or, maybe we should all instead concentrate on our respective studies.
I dunno about you, but my college classes are filling up my calendar,
and not leaving a whole lot of room for blitzkriegs on the PDA section
of the local Best Buy.

Oh, speaking of: a couple days ago, people were trading stories on
strangest use of a Newton. How's this: in high school, I actually
used it to attempt to impress a girl. Encoded a short clip from one
of her favorite anime, sent it to the Newt, and played it to her. I
got the date, but not because of the Newton. So, do I win? ;)

-Matt