Re: [NTLK] Is Newbie's 2100 dying?

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 06:04:24 PDT

I once had a MP2100 do this. Quite disconcerting. Took the battery out and
left it for a few hours and it didn't work. I repeated it for a couple of
more days and it came back to life after I replaced the battery on the 4th
or 5th time.

HTH

Tony.

[snip]

That's right. My problem started when I was running it on batteries. I
only got the RadioShack power adapter when I tried doing the "power
drain reset." Situation remained unchanged before and after using the
RadioShack power adapter - not better, not worse.

As a newbie, I seek to understand why doesn't my MP proceed beyond the
momentary flash of the start-up screen. I hope that someone out there
can enlighten me on the possible causes for this and consequently
possible corrective action/s to take.
[snip]