[NTLK] Bluetooth to internet through Windows and Pairing question

From: Zoont Foomby (zoontf_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 23 2005 - 23:19:42 PDT

Hi All!

So as not to mix topics in my own posts, here is a quick question
regarding Blunt, Pairing, and Windows XP.

Has anyone worked with Blunt and Windows connectivity? I could use
someone's brain to pick. I have seen the faqs/notes on WikiWikiNewt
regarding Blunt-to-OSX Bluetoothing.

I have gotten My newton to connect to Windows running in Vmware on my
Linux laptop. The only connection I can get to work is an OBEX push.

My Windows VM says it offers Lan over PPP, which is a good step.
However, whenever I try to use Newt's Cape with an internet connection
setup to use Bluetooth, it starts connecting, and then Windows asks me
to enter a pin to pair the Newt to Windows so that it can allow the
transaction. Well guess what... I've already Paired. Dozens of times.
It seems to forget about the pairing or something. I pair manually by
starting from Windows and finding my Newton in the "my Bluetooth
places" dealy and then once I find my Newt, I right-click and select
"pair" and enter my pin and then enter it in the pair dialog in Blunt
and wammo - paired. But even if I have blunt open to pair again when I
try to surf the web, the pairing always fails.

I think Windows expects some sort of dialog to pop open on my newt to
enter the pin number when it asks about re-pairing, but the only way
to enter a pairing pin I know of is to go into Bluetooth setup, find
my laptop, and hit the routing button's pair item. Is there any other
way to pair?

And while we are on it, is there any way to make a recent version of
Outlook work with my Newt? LookOut seems to be years and years old...
certainly not Outlook 2000 or 2003 era. Even if it did work, is there
any way to initiate data transfers from inside of Outlook or at least
have items OBEXd from the Newt just automatically show up in Outlook?

Wow, lots of questions. I hope that I can find at least one answer :)

-Nick

--=20
The more succinct your sig,
the more you grok the net.