Re: [NTLK] MP2100 Battery Life

From: Zoont Foomby (zoontf_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 23 2005 - 23:09:52 PDT

Ahhh.. The wavelan card... boon and bane. Ok. Are all WiFi cards for
the Newton as power hungry as this old Wavelan card? If I were to get
a newer card working would I see significantly better battery life, or
all Wifi cards power hungry?

As for bluetooth and internet setup... if anyone here has any clue as
to how one sets up the bluetooth - to - internet bridge on Linux, I
could use some pointers. There is little helpful documentation on the
net on the subject. Maybe I'll save myself the trouble and get an
iBook instead of my Thinkpad... Also, I could suffer to try and figure
out how to get bluetooth-to-internet working for Windows if anyone has
any idea. I have already tried, and not been successful yet...

On 4/24/05, Martin Joseph <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:
>=20
> On Apr 23, 2005, at 3:38 PM, Zoont Foomby wrote:
>=20
> > I'm browsing the web in Newt's Cape. Is Newt's Cape sooo CPU
> > intensive that it just churns through the batteries? Or is it the
> > Wavelan WiFi card I'm using?
>=20
> It's the wavelan card. If you were to switch to a Bluetooth based
> wireless setup (non trivial), then you would see much longer battery
> life, although slower throughput.
>=20
> Marty
>=20