Re: [NTLK] Cosmetic Mods for Newtons

From: Becky K (kohali_at_nefermoon.com)
Date: Wed Apr 20 2005 - 10:52:09 PDT

If anyone's interested in seeing the results of my eMate's cosmetic
modification, you can look in the following directory:

http://www.nefermoon.com/Dundee/

The gears I ordered turned out not to show very well through the casing (too
much light got between the gears and the casing to 'silhouette' them), so this
version is painted on the inside of the display casing with Testors acrylics.
I added stippling to touch on aboriginal art inspiration.

(Dundee is the name given to the eMate, after a friend likened it to the "G'Day
Mate" of Australia)

Don't mind the photo with the puppy. I found it online and used it as an example
of the only way an eMate could get more adorable. ;)

Becky K