Re: [NTLK] .nwt header bytes

From: Scot McSweeney-Roberts (newton_at_mcsweeney-roberts.co.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 07:40:39 PDT

Victor Rehorst wrote:

>Hey Scot,
>
>What you're looking at in the .nwt file is called the Newton Streamed Object
>Format", basicially a serialized version of a NewtonScript frame.
>
>This is described in the Newton Formats 1.1 documentation, Chapter 4:

Yes, but according to that, the first byte of an NSOF stream is the
version byte, which is then followed by the coded DAG of objects,
beginning with the root object. When I open a .nwt and skip over the
first 16 bytes that's exactly what I find and have no problem reading.
What I'm curious about is those 16 bytes at the begining of the .nwt
file (the .nwt file as sent from Mail V in an email attachment). Maybe
there's something odd about the .nwt files Mail V sends out.

cheers

Scot