Re: [NTLK] A few thoughts on Einstein.

From: karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 08:57:51 PDT

Mike Grauer wrote:
> I wonder if some people are thinking straight. Nothing says they have to
> open the code. Also there is nothing saying you have to like it ether. With
> that in mind there is nothing saying you can't start your own Newton
> project.
> Sort of like there are many deferent game system emulators. Some are free
> some are not and others are open source. There is room in my opinion for
> others.
>
> I do how ever think that Apple will not make a deal with anyone with
> relation to Newton. Just knowing the history of Apple and Steve Jobs.
> Its just my gut feeling.
>
> In any case I like to wish people heading Einstein good luck with what ever
> direction they decide to go weather that is open source or closed.

If I am allowed one note of criticism, it has to be this one: in some
circles it is considered bad form to ask the cooperation of the
community on a project (in whatever way conceivable) without firstly
telling what your intentions are with the source.

But anyway, as I wrote before, they don't have to ask permission on
what they want to do with their project.

Karel Jansens