Re: [NTLK] Importance of Newton hardware vs. software

From: Dan Mills (vthunder_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 05:21:19 PDT

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 14:02:42 +0200, karel Jansens
<kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be> wrote:
> smoerk wrote:

> Newton is even better still, offering true plug-and-run capability.

Um.. getting wireless working took me a couple of *days*, and there
was a bunch of resetting involved. Even now that I have it set-up,
whenever I change my location I have to reset or it won't dhcp
correctly--I may have misconfigured something, I don't know. I'm
*very* happy with it, don't get me wrong (really), I just wouldn't say
it was a "plug-and-run" experience.

-Dan