Re: [NTLK] Please run your virus scanners

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 13:55:25 PDT

You forget that users can change the timing of / disable the automatic
software update check, and users must manually tell Software Update
that it is okay to actually install the updates - so in theory someone
could be running a non-patched os X install, just like they could be
running an unpatched winXP, or an unpatched slackware, suse, gentoo,
redhat etc. Linux installation.

The trouble is that you CAN'T be certain what the status of someone
elses computer is.

J Tyler Nichols