[NTLK] Status of the Newton FAQ [Was: Newbie]

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 12:57:46 PDT

In a previous message, DJ Vollkasko typed vigorously:

>-- the FAQ is very instructive.
>[Grant, Victor, Paul - wasn't the FAQ supposed to be updated since over a
>year ago? Just askin', mates, jus' askin! ;=} ]

Doh. The FAQ is my responsibly now. I took it over from Daniel Padilla -
who had very little time to work on it after taking it off of Paul
Guyot's plate. It seems that I have also over estimated the number of
spare cycles I have to work on it. And yes, it has been over a year since
an updated version has been distributed. This doesn't mean it has been
completely ignored... I have been integration fixes and suggestions fed
to me through the list. However, I have also been trying to reorganize
the FAQ a bit, making it more usable. More like the Wiki actually.

And speaking of the Wiki...

What are people's thought on the prospect of integrating the knowledge
built up in the FAQ into the Wiki? I love the fact that the Wiki is a
living, multi-author document. Something that the FAQ has tried to do in
the past, but that I think it has grown past.

Let's discussion the pros and cons of this while I try to figure out how
to pinch out an update...

g.

Grant Hutchinson } Interface Considerations & Toys

Weblog } www.splorp.com
Newton } www.newted.org
Design } www.veer.com