Re: [NTLK] Newton Connection Kit - MP100

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 13:06:14 PDT

>I can not get my MP100 to connect to my PC.
> Here is how I am set up:
> I have my official newton serial cable to go from my PC
> (running WinXPPro) to my MP100
> When I go to extras and tap Connection, I select DOS or WindowsPC,
> then tap connect.

I never get it to connect that way. Select "Serial" instead on the
Newton. If it still won't connect, get slowdown.exe from unna and
start it before connecting. You might have to start multiple instances
of slowdown if your PC is very fast. However, in my case NCU connects
fine without slowdown. But as soon as data is transferred, it'll report
an error unless slowdown is started.

Hope it helps

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de