Re: [NTLK] Newton PDF viewer wish

From: Gavin McKenzie (ntlk_at_gavinmckenzie.fastmail.fm)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 11:29:59 PST

Jesse,

I actually think you've accurately described the situation...

I certainly have no qualms about providing guidance to people who are
working with PDF and/or leveraging my internal contacts or position
related to PDF and Acrobat and its/my fellow team members. Clearly it is
in my best interest, and Adobe's, if I can help someone else be
successful with PDF by providing guidance, referring them to additional
public resources, etc.

I need to absolutely avoid exposing myself to other people's code, or
producing code outside of my day-job, that might in any way be seen as
related to the intellectual property from which I derive a salary.
Hence, I cannot risk placing myself in a position of conflict or even
risk the perception of a conflict.

I don't know if you are employed by a commercial software vendor or not,
but I expect that those on this list who are employed by software vendors
intuitively grok what I'm talking about here and the need to err to the
side of caution.

Gavin.