Re: [NTLK] Thanks Robert!

From: kareljansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 12:14:39 PST

Op woensdag 24 maart 2004 20:42, schreef Marco Mailand:
> ...for the hopefully final words. And thanks to the community to keep the
> subject information. And now please let's get back to deep green topics.
>
> BTW, is someone interested in a report about a tablet PC? I got one some
> weeks ago and would like to compare it with the Newton - but only if there
> is interest.

How's that for a coincidence? I just received my Fujitsu Stylistic 3400
yesterday. I'm still kinda playing with it (well, sort of: this thing is
preloaded with Windows NT 4.0 which, while not half bad as far as Windows
OSes go, still is -- you know, Windows and therefore yuk).

I'm actively pursuing the possibility of getting Linux installed on it, but it
is no easy road by any means. If you don't have a bootable floppy drive, you
basically need to take the machine apart and install the hard drive in
another computer for a Linux install.

One thing I can tell y'all right now: it ain't Newton HWR you're getting on
that thing; printing only and the AI is basically braindead.

Now, in all honesty, Linux HWR is even worse than Windows. The only viable
option is XStroke, which at first sounded like some weird kind of porn but
turned out to be basically full-screen graffiti with a wider choice of
possible strokes (there's the porn thing again!).

It's nice as a Webpad, though...

Karel Jansens