Re: [NTLK] Thanks Robert!

From: Brett Hutley (brett_at_hutley.net)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 12:31:35 PST

kareljansens wrote:

*snip*
>BTW, is someone interested in a report about a tablet PC? I got one some
>weeks ago and would like to compare it with the Newton - but only if there
>is interest.

I've got some useful links to comparisons between the different tablet
pcs on my website at http://hutley.net/brett/tablet_pc.

I didn't end up buying one, cause I concluded that about the only thing
it gave you is the ability to surf in bed without lying on your stomach.
They've still got a long way to go, IMHO, before they're as useful as a
Newton. The Newton to me strikes the right balance between not being too
big and heavy and clumsy to carry, and not being too small, making it
hard to take notes at meetings quickly. Battery life is also super
important in a machine you carry around to augment your life, and has
got to be able to handle a full day of use. There's nothing worse than
being too scared to use your notebook because you know there's not
enough battery life left.

--
Brett Hutley [MAppFin,CISSP,SANS GCIH]
mailto:brett_at_hutley.net