Re: [NTLK] Thanks Robert!

From: Marco Mailand (Newton_at_spymac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 13:07:19 PST

"kareljansens" wrote @ 24.3.2004 21:14 Uhr / <kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be>:
> How's that for a coincidence?
You got the much more recent 3400 - mine is a LT-P600 only. But it does NOT
need an active pen, meaning the nail of the finger is enough to operate it.
The 3400 needs, IMHO, the active pen, does it?

> preloaded with Windows NT 4.0 which, while not half bad as far as Windows
> OSes go, still is -- you know, Windows and therefore yuk).
The recent 3400 which are on sale here in CH (MediaMarket 3333.- CHF) have
all WinXP Tablet Edition pre-installed. You should get rid of the NT
somehow. My "old" LT-P600 did not have a functioning HWR program installed
as I got it and it took me about 3 months to find someone here in CH to help
me. None of the 15 Fujitsu-Siemens dealers in the CH was able to deliver
something nor to re-install the OS. But finally I found a non-FSC dealer
which had a special harddisk copy machine and was able to copy the content
of a brand new LT-P600 onto a second 60GB HD.

Before that I played around with W98, W2k and LINUX installation too and got
it sort of working except the HWR. My problem is that I lack the bootable
floppy disk drive which is needed to get LINUX and thus LiLo onto it. But I
installed everything with the HD connected to a desktop Windows machine. The
pen control of the LINUX worked too but I didn't play w/ HWR under X.

> It's nice as a Webpad, though...
Yep. And it was cheaper (700CHF) than e.g. the PhotoTainer, a LINUX driven,
20GB-HD MP3 player and CF-card reader thing which I was just about to get,
before I found the LT-P600. And I like the bath tub video watching - need
now a wall mount support... :-)

Marco