Re: [NTLK] Etymology of Mathematics. Can't let that slide.

From: Brett Hutley (brett_at_hutley.net)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 22:17:30 PST

Matthew Reidsma wrote:

*snip*
> That is all. Carry on. (I'm sure this thread will sink like lead. As
> soon as I chimed in on the Templars thread (one of my passionate
> areas of study) the thread abruptly died. Perhaps instead of the old
> standby of "poutine" I could just post a message when we want a
> thread to end... :)

Remember years ago, when all you had to do was mention you were a
programmer/geek at a party, and then all of a sudden conversion would
die around you and people would glance at their watches and make "I
gotta get another drink" noises? Now of course, you can't bring up your
work because everyone starts crowding around asking about how they get
their Outlook Mail problem solved or whatever... Maybe with "The Da
Vinci Code" hitting the best seller list a similar thing will happen -
  all of a sudden the mere mention of the Templars will bring people
crowding around...

Man! etymologist medievalist geek - now *there's* a way to get lots of
breathing room at parties :)

--
Brett Hutley [MAppFin,CISSP,SANS GCIH]
mailto:brett_at_hutley.net