Re: [NTLK] Etymology of Mathematics. Can't let that slide.

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 22:23:29 PST

You know what's funny? (well, not really funny for the
30,000 people laid off in the last 2 years)
I work for WorldCom (actually, it WAS UUNET, then
became Worldcom and now is MCI...)
When I go to gatherings and people talk about where
they work, I mention Worldcom, and there is a sudden
hush, and a sympathetic shaking of heads..then I
become a pariah..like I'm personally responsible for
the billions of lost dollars...
I swear...it wasn't me! Heck, I lost my entire 401k in
that mess! Over 30 thousand dollars!...
yup, I know how it feels!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Brett Hutley <brett_at_hutley.net> wrote:
<snip>
> Remember years ago, when all you had to do was
> mention you were a
> programmer/geek at a party, and then all of a sudden
> conversion would
> die around you and people would glance at their
> watches and make "I
> gotta get another drink" noises? Now of course, you
> can't bring up your
> work because everyone starts crowding around asking
> about how they get
<snip>

=====
"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."
 - Charles De Gaulle, former French President