Re: [NTLK] Newton books - Reader/converter for Mac/Win?

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 11:10:25 PDT

My suggestion would be to set up a linux / unix / mac os X computer
with a shared 'printer' that instead of printing to an actual printer,
sends the print job to a pdf file, then using the lpr driver for your
newton and some sort of networking you can print the book (select one
of the options that says 'full book (or this page) w / marks ) to the
shared 'pdf printer'

I haven't heard of specific software to do this, but I think making
such wouldn't be impossible.

Of course, one couldn't send these BACK to the newton very easily. If I
remember correclty the marks you make on a book are kept in a soup
somewhere - if so, one might be able to use Sloup or some other soup
editor to archive these changes to a desktop machinge, but then, you
would still have to move them back to the newton to view.