[NTLK] Newton books - Reader/converter for Mac/Win?

From: Mircea Boari (mirceab_at_tag.starnets.ro)
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 09:45:08 PDT

Hi all -- I have encountered a problem with Newton books that perhaps
other people had too.
I like underlying and adnotating books when I read them (hardprints,
eBooks, Newton Books). But I also want to preserve the adnotations
and, later, eventually re-read the stuff. Since any Newton's memory
is finite (in the low ranges of finiteness...), one shoudl delete
stuff in order to get new stuff.
Is there a means to preserve the worked-on books? I figure that the
most convenient trick would be to export the books back on a desktop
machine and to have a reader capable to open them or a converter
capable to transform them to RTF, or PDF, or whatever.
If no such capability exists, it means that the Newton "holds a
monopoly" over the books, each time you want to revisit old reading,
print segments, being obliged to dock you Newton, make room on it,
get the book back on it, etc.

Any insights as to how this could be done more effectively?

Sincerely,

MB