[NTLK] Works - doesn't anymore!!

From: Dave Bellamy (dave_bellamy_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 18:56:22 PDT

Hi All

Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has had the same problem i have
just encountered with my trusty Newt.

I tend to use it more for working on reports and stuff - sort of like a
Powerbook replacement. Anyway, I transfered some rtf files over to
Works (from MS Word via NCU and a Keyspan adapater) ready to head down
to the local coffee shop to do some work. Unfortunately I did not check
to see just how big the files were going to be (one was 3.2Mb) and now
the Newt tells me that there is insufficient memory to open Works. I
have tried deleting and re-installing Works, leaving the Newt unplugged
and with the battery out for an hour, and resetting it but all to now
avail. Everything else seems to work OK - Dates, Dock etc.. it's just
Works. The memory is currently at 352416K and I have a 4Mb and 256Mb
card installed. I have not been able to locate where the potentially
offending files are and I assumed that if I deleted Works and then
re-installed it, that it would also delete the files as well(?)
Alternatively how do you do a hard reset and bring the machine back to
the state it was in when I first got it from J&K? I assume that this
would solve the problem and I would just need to install all the
packages again?

Its now also is making a constant beeping noise when I tap Works (once
I had reinstalled it I moved it to the toolbar at the bottom of the
screen and when I tap it the Newt just keeps making the same beeping
noise).

I really am at a loss as to what to do, so any assistance would be
great.

KInd Regards

Dave
Aotearoa New Zealand.