Re: [NTLK] Works - doesn't anymore!!

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Jul 17 2004 - 07:15:57 PDT

>I'm not a big fan of deleting stuff unless you know nothing else will work
>(or you have a recent back up).

Agreed, but removing the card where the large document is stored and viewing
a smaller document, then reinserting the card should set the "last viewed"
document to the smaller one and allow you to do a overview of the works
documents, checkmark the offending document/file and delete it. Baring
that, a soup deletion will fix the problem, but you will loose all your
Works documents. But a brain wipe (hard reset) should not be needed.

>I'm not aware of any limit to a file size in Works, although 3.2mb sounds a
>bit large. Can you open anything else up?

Technically there are not any limits in the app itself, just hardware heap
limits as the document need to be entirely in heap (RAM) while being edited
or viewed (if I remember correctly).

>I'm guessing from the amount of memory you are reporting that you have a
>MP2100--maybe you are running out of heap memory when you try to open up
the
>large file.

I agree.

>Maybe try emptying out the storage before doing a hard reset...

I definitely would try that, use a soup editor, or try removing the card
then opening works and viewing another document then reinserting the card
then deleting the big document via overview. I would try the card removal
method first.

-Dan