Re: [NTLK] Highest Contrast Screen for 2100?

From: Mike R. Manzano (alephx01_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 12:47:23 PDT

I've been talking to Calvin Grier, who offers those panels. To quote,
he says:

"The white backlight I sell does make the gray/green background look
more
slate-gray when the EL backlight is off. This doesn't do much to change
the contrast.
To get better contrast you have to reduce reflections internally,
improve
the tranmissivity of the touchscreen (which I have tried to do) and/or
change the back reflector/polarizer."

He also states that he may have an improved screen in a few months.

I assume regarding the blue backlight you mentioned you are talking
about this one:

<http://www.backlight4you.com/en/products/el/kit_apple.htm>

Apparently, this is the backlight component only, whereas Calvin's is a
replacement backlight AND touchscreen. Replacing just the backlight
will not improve contrast in a well-lit room as the screen is the same.

Regards,

Mike