Re: [NTLK] reversing the newton screen? (flip; mirror)

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 12:41:45 PDT

>Is it possible to tell the newton to display its screen backwards (as if it
>were in a mirror) - say through an extension?

    I'm not sure if the current knowledge about the newton graphic subsystem
would allow for a software solution. But it could be possible to do it with
a hardware modification. <hint hint (have that PDF?)> :-)

>This would enable me to make overhead projections - and would also help
because
>the newton interface is designed for right handers (I'm a left hander and
can
>easily read mirror writing)

    Reading would be OK, but controlling the newt would be a bit more
difficult, as the digitizer would still be in the usual orientation.

>(If only this letter generates as many replies as threads about cheeze
curds
>and gees us...)

    :-)
    If only we could find the manufacturer of i.e. the Nokia 9110
communicator screen, we could probably get a 640x480 screen in the same
case, brighter, better contrast, etc.

D.