[NTLK] Highest Contrast Screen for 2100?

From: Ray Zschau (loco_1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 14:31:06 PDT

Hey listmembers,

Are the screens currently offered from http://www.adago.net/ the
highest quality, highest contrast screens available for the 2100? Will
I notice a big improvement over the original green screen? I don't
have any problems in low light, but when trying to use the newt in
bright conditions, or situations just bright enough to be able to read
a book without a light, there is always a lot of Newton angling and
squinting. I would also like the screen to be B&W if the "Frozen Newt"
cases ever get produced. What is the current state of backlights and
displays?

Thanks,
Ray Zschau

P.S. Did the blue backlight from a couple years ago have a higher
perceived contrast ratio than the newer white one? And will any of
this make a difference to the readability of the screen when the
backlight isn't on?