Re: [NTLK] Mobile Newton Project?

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Sun Jul 04 2004 - 10:13:12 PDT

On Sun, Jul 04, 2004 at 09:14:30AM -0700, Dale Steele wrote:
> Has anyone ever tried mounting a newton on a bike, motorcycle, or
> dashboard for better access while traveling? I wonder about this from
> time to time and have an extra 2100 that I could use for such an
> effort. If this could be done in a way that the newton was able to
> handle the shocks likely to be received, it seems like it would be
> more handy for looking up travel/contact/schedule info in a hands
> free way that would be safer.

I wouldn't expect shock (short of dumping the bike) would be a big
issue, but you may find reading the thing while driving too much.
Most mount that are semi shock resistant seem to be not so vibration
dampening, etc.

--
16. I will never utter the sentence "But before I kill you, there's just one
    thing I want to know."