Re: [NTLK] Mobile Newton Project?

From: Rick Ludwig (bensisko_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jul 04 2004 - 09:52:51 PDT

Sigh... I'll leave my personal thoughts about F 9/11 at the door.

As for Newton mounting, at the 95th Harley celebration in Milwaukee, I
saw a biker who had the Newton mounted to his Harley for GPS use. It
was home made and was pretty cool. I don't have any pictures, but I
could probably draw it. The only thing I couldn't figure out is how
he/she got past the whole "dark screen on a sunny day" thing. I suppose
an improvement on their design might be some sort of hood, then use the
Newton with a backlight.

As for Bicycling, I have seen this on the net (though now the sites now
have a nice "Not Found" error).
I will try and keep searching to see if I can find pictures and so
fourth.

-Rick