Re: [NTLK] [OT] PowerBook G3 boot problem "Default Catch" - Help needed

From: Chris Ruprecht (chris_at_seconnect.net)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 22:33:19 PST

Laurent, Norman,

I got a step further. I opened the Pismo and disconnected the drive. I
was then able to boot into the OS X 10.2 installer CD - I am not able
to do that by pressing C when booting up. This, I considered, to be a
good thing (booting from CD). I then took another 30 GB drive, I was
doing some development on, on a PC laptop, and installed that in place
of the original drive. The Pismo, after having to go to disk utility
and partitioning the drive using Mac partions, then accepted that other
drive and I'm now letting it install 10.2 from scratch. I will mount
the 'hatched' drive into an external firewire case and then copy over,
all the things out of my wife's previous user directory.
My Office CD has disappeared, since I installed it, so that might cause
some problems, later. I still have AppleWorks lying around, I guess it
has to do for now. I'm not forking out another $600 for Office when
Apple might come out with something later this year.

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

Best regards,
Chris

--
Chris Ruprecht
Network Grunt and Bit Pusher extraordinaíre