[NTLK] [OT] PowerBook G3 boot problem "Default Catch" - Help needed

From: chris_at_seconnect.net
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 20:32:13 PST

Hi all,

My wife has been using her Pismo for the last 2 1/2 year with little to no
hassles. This evening I installed PocketMac 3.3 on her machine and let it
re-boot afterwards. Yes, we got some iPAQs (for free) and I was trying to
put them to use, but I guess, the PowerBook didn't like that too much.

When it boots, it gets the happy face and everything looks just groovy,
but after a few seconds, I get the OF screen which tells me that I can
continue to boot, by typing mac-boot - or I can type shut-down. The latter
command works, but the former does not. It actually tries to continue to
boot but doesn't seem to find an OS.

There must be something I can do, to make it find the disk drive, right?
Right? Please tell me that is so ... otherwise, my wife ... OK, let's not
go there.

Please respond to me off list, as this might be disrupting to some people,
but I really do not participate in any other remotely Mac related forum,
and you guys are the only ones, I turn to for help.

Best regards,
Chris

P.S.: You can reply to chris_at_ruprecht.org or this email address, they all
land up on my PowerBook :).

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html