[NTLK] Newt, DHCP and Wi-Fi revisited

From: Michael P.Ladd (mladd_at_mikeladd.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 15:45:44 PST

Evening everyone!

I have been going through the archives for some time now and visiting
dozens of web sites with no success. I have a MP2100 (and an eMate300
with same prob) and I am trying to connect via DHCP to my wireless
network at home. When I hardcode the IP it works fine; great as a
matter of fact. I can send and receive e-mail, surf with Nethopper,
whatever. When I switch to DHCP I get the -60088 error in NetHopper.
CapeNewt tells me unable to connect to DHCP server. Nothing seems to be
working here.

I am trying to connect to a D-Link DI-614+ 4 port/wireless router that
has DHCP enabled on it. The DHCP works fine because I have a PC and a
Mac both getting their IPs via DHCP. My card, a Lucent WaveLan Silver,
is set up for Infrastructure, Channel 6 (ignored), no SSID and WEP is
off, same set up as my router.

I have another PC Laptop that when using the WaveLan Silver card does
get an IP from the DHCP pool and works fine wirelessly.

I really hate to revisit this issue again but nothing from the other
posts in the archive has worked so far.

Thanks in Advance for any help you might be able to offer! Please let
me know if you need any other information to help in resolving this.

Mike

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html