Re: [NTLK] Newt, DHCP and Wi-Fi revisited

From: Michael P.Ladd (mladd_at_mikeladd.com)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 08:11:30 PST

lpetroni,
          You have to change it to ad-hoc first, then set the channel,
which is what I did so that it matches my router (even though it's not
really used in infrastructure mode) I have set the SSID to match the
routher and still nothing.

Yes, WaveLanIEEE is my card in the Internet setup and the lights do
flash when trying to connect, but the link light (the one on the left)
does not stay on when connecting like it does in static mode. Once the
error comes up the lights go out. This card works fine when using a
static IP on the newt, or using static or DHCP on a PC laptop.

Thanks again,

Mike

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html