Re: [NTLK] Newtsync deleting extra e-mail addresses!

From: Dr. Thomas Isenbarger (isen_at_plantpath.wisc.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 07:35:53 PST

On Dec 7, 2004, at 9:24 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> On 07/12/04 09:09, "Tim Skrastins" <timskrastins_at_mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello all - I'm back on the list after an 18 mo hiatus (those jaggies
>> really cranked me off & I went to the paper & pen PDA for a while!)
>>
>> Anyway, I love how far things have come with NewtSync & Wifi, etc.
>> I've
>> been using NewtSync (v 0.3.3) lately and suddenly realized that since
>> using it, any contacts in my OS X Address book that had multiple
>> e-mail
>> addresses suddenly only have one e-mail address, and in most cases,
>> it's not the e-mail address I usually used!
>>
>> Does anyone know how to correct this behavior? If not, is there any
>> way
>> to just get NewtSync to transfer data from the mac to the Newt and not
>> erase any Mac data? (yes I do have the box checked to use the mac
>> entry
>> if data has been changed in both places). And finally, I don't suppose
>> there is any way of getting my deleted data back is there?
>> (aarrrrggg!)
>
> You're getting much farther than I can. As soon as I try to
> synchronize,
> newtSync on the Mac just crashes...

I get strange behavior with NewtSync, too. After a sync, on my Newton
some of the Names entries have been duplicated in a peculiar way. If I
have "John Doe" as an entry, then after a sync I still have "John Doe",
but I also have "John John" with no other information. I just go
through and delete all these double first name entries. I have synced
a few times and it happens every time. I think (but I haven't checked
systematically) that it occurs with entries in Address Book on my Mac
who only have an email address entered for the name.

I haven't discovered behavior like Tim described above, but maybe it
has happened and I just haven't noticed.

Tom Isenbarger