Re: [NTLK] Newtsync deleting extra e-mail addresses!

From: Laurent Daudelin (Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 08:03:48 PST

On 07/12/04 10:35, "Dr. Thomas Isenbarger" <isen_at_plantpath.wisc.edu> wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2004, at 9:24 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>
>> On 07/12/04 09:09, "Tim Skrastins" <timskrastins_at_mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all - I'm back on the list after an 18 mo hiatus (those jaggies
>>> really cranked me off & I went to the paper & pen PDA for a while!)
>>>
>>> Anyway, I love how far things have come with NewtSync & Wifi, etc.
>>> I've
>>> been using NewtSync (v 0.3.3) lately and suddenly realized that since
>>> using it, any contacts in my OS X Address book that had multiple
>>> e-mail
>>> addresses suddenly only have one e-mail address, and in most cases,
>>> it's not the e-mail address I usually used!
>>>
>>> Does anyone know how to correct this behavior? If not, is there any
>>> way
>>> to just get NewtSync to transfer data from the mac to the Newt and not
>>> erase any Mac data? (yes I do have the box checked to use the mac
>>> entry
>>> if data has been changed in both places). And finally, I don't suppose
>>> there is any way of getting my deleted data back is there?
>>> (aarrrrggg!)
>>
>> You're getting much farther than I can. As soon as I try to
>> synchronize,
>> newtSync on the Mac just crashes...
>
> I get strange behavior with NewtSync, too. After a sync, on my Newton
> some of the Names entries have been duplicated in a peculiar way. If I
> have "John Doe" as an entry, then after a sync I still have "John Doe",
> but I also have "John John" with no other information. I just go
> through and delete all these double first name entries. I have synced
> a few times and it happens every time. I think (but I haven't checked
> systematically) that it occurs with entries in Address Book on my Mac
> who only have an email address entered for the name.
>
> I haven't discovered behavior like Tim described above, but maybe it
> has happened and I just haven't noticed.

I might have a look at the code when I have a little bit of time.

Now adding a few empty lines to satisfy the mailing list server. Sorry
folks, but it would reject my message!

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA