Re: [NTLK] Special characters in owner info allowed?

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Sat Aug 21 2004 - 21:20:04 PDT

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 03:06:11PM -0400, Dan Mills wrote:
> Now, to bring this back to the Newton :-) UCS-2 is all fine and
> good, but the system font doesn't have all of the glyphs, so for
> example Japanese text (I'm studying japanese) shows up as little
> boxes whenever the system font is used. I installed a hack to set
> the system font to TaipeiX, which includes Japanese glyphs, but some
> apps don't honor this. In particular, Names. Does anyone know of a
> fix/workaround for that?

I think we're full-circle on this again. Enfour's your best option.
They've indicated willingness in the past on the list to sell their
Japanese language kits etc on a "don't expect new versions or much help"
basis. Seems to include fonts and input method.

--
I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a
knob called "brightness", but it doesn't work.