Re: [NTLK] Getting Things Done (GTD)

From: Brian Braunschweiger (brianbraun_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 13:02:04 PDT

Dan wrote:
>I am unfamiliar with the GTD system, but I am struck by a nagging sense
>of familiarity. Both (2) and (3) seem to be in fitting with the
>concept of Llamaworks' "Life Balance" software, which as I understand
>is freely available on UNNA now! The basic concept of the software is
>you tell it what your goals are (life, immediate, etc.) and what
>locations those goals can be fulfilled within, how long those goals
>take to complete, what component steps make up those goals, etc... and
>Life Balance suggests what the most efficient time management method
>that will allow you to achieve those goals. Tell it you're at the
>doctor's office, for example, and it will know by location which goals
>you have in the system to which you can contribute your efforts (that
>cell phone call for example).
>
>I could be wrong, it could be nothing alike. Still you might wanna
>check it out. There's also Life Balance software (newer versions) for
>Windows and MacOS operating systems.

No, you remember right. Life balance has been recommended off and on
on the GTD Palm list I referred to in my original post. The Newton
version in its current form is not as robust as the newer versions
but it has a lot of functionality. I should have mentioned it. Glad
you did.

Brian

--
Brian Braunschweiger
"Of course there's a lot of knowledge in universities:the freshmen