Re: [NTLK] Removing a stuborn MP2100 battery pack

From: Cheyanne & Randy (bayoubuddies_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 05:47:16 PDT

Hi,

        I just recently had some troubles with my battery pack and found that
the metal parts the hold the batteries and make an electric contact had
misaligned and were jamming when I tried to remove my battery pack.
Before using a sledgehammer and chisel to extract that stubborn pack,
Look closely at the end of the pack that is visible, if it's visible
and see if you've got a thin shiny metal piece interfering with the
mechanism that releases the pack after you press the release button. I
ended up just pushing the metal contact back in place (sorta'... had to
finish after I got the pack out) with a small "eyeglasses" type
screwdriver.

        Anyway, I hope that you just have a little interference and not a
corroded mess of leaking batteries fused into your newton. Before
forcing the pack out, I'd try taking the Newton apart and see if
splitting the case gets you out of your ...ahem... Jam <g>. I think
that Frank's site has some good info about opening up that newton.

good luck,

Randy

--
Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn
to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams.   -- Mary