Re: [NTLK] Erratic ping over wireless

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 11:56:27 PDT

On Apr 12, 2004, at 10:22 AM, Adam Short wrote:

> Ok, given that this is the case, what could be the problem with my wifi
> setup? It works fine, it's just dog slow (or rather, when it *is* fast,
> it doesn't stay that way long enough to count). Is it just that the
> emate is too slow to process the traffic, or is there something I can
> try to fix it?

Sorry I haven't been much help for your problem, but it's kind of hard
to trouble shoot without being there.

Several possibilities arise.

1) The emate itself has something else going on that slows things down
intermittently (like looking for IR). Any timed task or running
program could cause this. PT100 itself could be stalling.

2) the wireless network is having signal issues. Do you have another
computer with wireless access that you can use as a signal strength
meter? This would allow you to be sure the area where you are using
the Newt is covered. Although I presume you have tried getting real
close to the base?

Also, did you day which base you were using?

Marty

PS I will try to use my mp2100 and pt100 to do some pinging and verify
that works ok. I have an emate also, but don't have the time currently
to set it up for wireless and test.