Re: [NTLK] Erratic ping over wireless

From: Adam Short (ajs_at_orinoco.homelinux.org)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 10:22:00 PDT

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 09:52:35AM -0700, Martin Joseph wrote:

> On Apr 12, 2004, at 7:18 AM, Doug Augustyn wrote:
>
> > WiFi is just a low-bandwidth technology, I'm not saying it's all bad,
> > but it's
> > lacking the stability and speed to compete with a wired net.
> >
> Not true. If you have stability problems they are yours. I have done
> many wifi setups, including sharing between sites using directional
> antennas etc. These are all stable and fast, even when it rains :~) (I
> am in seattle).

Ok, given that this is the case, what could be the problem with my wifi
setup? It works fine, it's just dog slow (or rather, when it *is* fast,
it doesn't stay that way long enough to count). Is it just that the
emate is too slow to process the traffic, or is there something I can
try to fix it?

--
Adam Short - ajs at orinoco dot homelinux dot org