Re: [NTLK] How is the Newton a Mac?

From: David Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 08:35:55 PST

Paul - keep it simple OK. I am referring to the fact that Apple made
products other than Macintosh computers and therefore not every product
Apple makes is a Macintosh computer. Just like an automobile
manufacture makes more than just cars, some make trucks, some make
motorcycles, some make all sorts of random stuff. The Newton is a
platform of its own, its not a Mac, just as a LaserWriter, also made by
Apple, is not a Macintosh, its a printer ... following the "the Newton
is an Apple, the Mac is an Apple, therefore the Newton is a Mac" logic
that people were using, it would mean that a LaserWriter printer is
also a Mac. Pretty silly.

David