Re: [NTLK] PC slot on 2x00 no longer working

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 16:09:26 PDT

> This Newt is relegated to the parts shelf.
> That's really unfortunate in that I've had this Newt
> since new...this is the one I paid $1000 for. I hate
> to just, you know...let it sit on a shelf...
> Yeah, I know I can swap mother boards...but it
> wouldn't be the same!

Just in case you change your mind, let me know. I have
some mainboards here that would definitely set you back
much less than what you'd pay at J&K for a new Newton.
And, in my opinion, swapping mainboards would, kind of,
not change the Newton's personality. It'd still be your
trusty old Newton, only with a heart transplant. Better
than an altogether new Newton...
Or, if you want to risk the cost of shipping here and
back, you can send the thing my way and I can see what
I can do.

Cheers

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de