Re: [NTLK] PC slot on 2x00 no longer working

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 17:39:51 PDT

on 09/09/03 19:09, Frank Gruendel at fg2_at_pda-soft.de wrote:

>> This Newt is relegated to the parts shelf.
>> That's really unfortunate in that I've had this Newt
>> since new...this is the one I paid $1000 for. I hate
>> to just, you know...let it sit on a shelf...
>> Yeah, I know I can swap mother boards...but it
>> wouldn't be the same!
>
> Just in case you change your mind, let me know. I have
> some mainboards here that would definitely set you back
> much less than what you'd pay at J&K for a new Newton.
> And, in my opinion, swapping mainboards would, kind of,
> not change the Newton's personality. It'd still be your
> trusty old Newton, only with a heart transplant. Better
> than an altogether new Newton...
> Or, if you want to risk the cost of shipping here and
> back, you can send the thing my way and I can see what
> I can do.

I, ermmm, still have my dead board that I was supposed to, ermmm, send to
Frank (sorry Frank, procastination I guess, I still have your address,
though ;-)

Anyway, Ed, if you think you can do something with it, it's yours. Like I
said, it is somehow dead. Nothing apparently is broken. It was not dropped
or subject to any shock that might have broken something. I'm not in
electronic, so I can't tell what's wrong. But maybe you could repair yours?
Plus, I'm only 15 minutes from where you live...

-Laurent.

Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html