Re: [NTLK] PC slot on 2x00 no longer working

From: Amit, C (CAmit_at_modemmedia.com)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 19:58:26 PDT

Roughly similar incident happened with mine. My newt sees a communication
card being inserted and I get the slip, but then I get no dial, etc. I enter
a flash card and it sees the happy little packages and data. I enter another
modem card (I have a few...)
"A communication card has been entered" -- no dial tone.

error or bad juju and no email for you.

Insert said modem card to laptop. Find great info on tow-dot-com. Reinsert
into newt.
"A communication card has been inserted but because of some bad karma I will
not dial for you. Pppbbbttt"

ditto for two other modem cards.

Checked to see if the planets were doing something funny of if there are any
black cats around me of if I'm standing on a crack/under a ladder.

All this was BEFORE the cracked screen.
Yes, my newt and I are having some troubles right now....

Oh yeah, no bent pins.